1.28.2008

Opportunistic Media Budgets Save the Day

I first read about opportunistic media budgets on MediaPost's Online Spin here. Ever since, I've been certain to allocate a portion of all budgets towards an unexpected opportunity, which, I guarantee, will show up. I have never had an opportunistic media budget not be utilized in some way.

Recently, a client of mine decided that a sizable chunk of media money had to be cut to fund another activity (that's a whole other argument). Sadly, I opened my spreadsheet to see which unfortunate sales rep would get the cancellation call. But wait, there was my opportunistic media budget! And what a coincidence, that budget covered exactly the amount that our client would have had to cut from media already scheduled and running. So fellow planners/buyers, you never know when you'll use these funds...they can save you and your reps butts!

No comments: