4.02.2008

New Balance Loves/Hates Running

I'm so happy that they have caught on to the love/hate relationship that so many runners have with their sport of choice. I've been running (in some capacity) since I was 16 years old and can definitely say that these ads speak to me. It's not the overachieving I-love-sports-because-I'm-such-a-bad-ass Nike type commercials. The message is much more personal and realistic. Plus, New Balance shoes are awesome.









Oh, and the print ads are quite yummy. One says, "you plan a day in the country, take the road less traveled, and find yourselves an unbeaten path. And then beat the crap out of it." Nice!

Ads: BBDO NY
Media buy: PHD NY

**Personal story alert**
So you know I'm not a total poser, I finally ran my first 10K this weekend. And here's a super hot photo to prove it. Go ahead boys, eat your heart out!

No comments: