10.06.2008

Dear Twitter, I Love You.

















I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I didn't like Twitter and I was pretty vocal about it. But now I love Twitter. And that's because it finally crossed the bridge from time killer/entertainment to true communication tool.

For the past few weeks, Atlanta has had a serious gas shortage. And Atlanta is a major driving city. Had my car run out of gas, it would have taken me over an hour to get to work, which is about 4 miles from my house. And I would have had to take a bus, which simply isn't an option.

Last week, Twitter saved me from that undesirable fate. Gas was available - as of 4 min ago - less than 10 min from my office. So 20 min after I saw the update, my car had a full tank. In a city with hour-long lines.

Incredible. Twitter finally became useful to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It should be- "Dear Twitter, Sorry for doubting your awesomeness!" :)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting note. Thank you, on a thicket it is necessary to write about it.
If will be on such theme write